Triclosan: Online resources
Beyond Pesticides began working on Triclosan and triclocarban in 2004. In 2008, we launched the Ban Triclosan Campaign with Food & Water Watch. The campaign is focused on creating the scientific framework for legally challenging FDA and EPA (read more about the two petitions), promoting the adoption of local ordinances for local governments and institutions (schools) to stop using Triclosan, and advocating for corporate responsibility to stop the use of this poison.
- Beyond Pesticides: Triclosan homepage; Pesticide Gateway; Facebook (Triclosan updates and more)
- Food & Water Watch: Triclosan homepage
Other online resources:
- Campaign for Safe Cosmetics: Can Walmart Help Us Stop Pesticide Use in Hand Soap?
- Environmental Working Group: Triclosan guide; Skin Deep database
- Learning and Developmental Disabilities Initiative: Mind, Disrupted report
- Natural Resources Defense Council: Antibacterial factsheets
- Pesticide Action Network North America: Triclosan factsheet
- Physicians for Social Responsibility: Hazardous Chemicals in Health Care report
- Townsend Letter (for doctors and patients): Triclosan - a controversial antibacterial
- Women’s Voices for the Earth: Disinfectant Overkill report
We want to hear from you! Tell us want to have done or plan to do to help your community go Triclosan free.