Gateway on Pesticide Hazards and Safe Pest Management
Back to the Gateway
Health and Environmental Effects
- Cancer: Insufficiently Studied
- Endocrine Disruption: Likely (, )
- Reproductive Effects: Likely (, )
- Neurotoxicity: Possible ()
- Kidney/Liver Damage: Yes ()
- Sensitizer/ Irritant: Not Likely
- Birth/Developmental: Likely (, )
- Detected in Groundwater: Low ()
- Potential Leacher: Parent = Slight; Metabolite = Yes ()
- Toxic to Birds: Possible ()
- Toxic to Fish/Aquatic Organisms: Yes (, )
- Toxic to Bees: Yes (, , )
Residential Uses as Found in the ManageSafe™ Database
- Supporting information:
- Fate of pyriproxyfen in soils and plants. Devillers, J., 2020. Toxics, 8(1), p.20.
- Determination by chromatography and cytotoxotoxic and oxidative effects of pyriproxyfen and pyridalyl. de Oliveira, M.D.D.A., de Almeida, P.M., Martins, F.A., Cavalcante, A.A.D.C.M., dos Santos, T.D.J.A., Feitosa, C.M., Rai, M., dos Reis, A.C. and da Costa Júnior, J.S., 2019. Chemosphere, 224, pp.398-406.
- The enantioselective environmental behavior and toxicological effects of pyriproxyfen in soil. Liu, H., Yi, X., Bi, J., Wang, P., Liu, D. and Zhou, Z., 2019. Journal of hazardous materials, 365, pp.97-106.