- Show Your
Support For The School Environment Protection Act (SEPA) (12/2/09)
- Contact your U.S. Senators and U.S Representative to request that he/she support SEPA. (See sample letter.) (See http://www.senate.gov and http://www.house.gov/writerep/ for their contact information. Email Beyond Pesticides and we'll also send follow-up information.)
- Sign your organization up as a supporter of SEPA by emailing Beyond Pesticides your Name and Organization contact information. (See a list of current SEPA supporters.)
- Pass this information to your mayor, city council, local PTA and civic associations to see if they will endorse SEPA. (Email Beyond Pesticides, and we'll also send follow-up information. Please be sure to include all the necessary contact information.)
- Send a postcard asking your school not to spray pesticides that contribute to childhood asthma (9/7/05) Since the mid-1980s, asthma rates in the United States have skyrocketed to epidemic levels, particularly in young children.
- Sign the National School Pesticide Reform Protocol (7/14/05) The School Pesticide Reform Coalition coordinated by Beyond Pesticides advocates for every child's and school employee's right to an environmentally healthy school. The Coalition works to protect children's and the general public's health by supporting nationwide grassroots action and focusing local, state and national attention on the reduction and, where possible, the elimination of pesticide use at schools. Please sign a proclamation for the protection of school children from pests and pesticides.