Watch videos below or go straight to the Beyond Pesticides' YouTube Channel and find the Forum Playlists.
The 30th National Pesticide Forum
An introduction to pesticide issues, this presentation was given on "Healthy
Communities: Green solutions for safe environments," Beyond Pesticides' 30th
National Pesticide Forum, March 30-31, 2012, Yale University, New Haven, CT
Caroline Cox, Beyond Pesticides board member; research director, Center for
Environmental Health, Oakland, CA
Bill Duesing, executive director, CT
Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA), Stevenson, CT
Carrasquillo, general coordinator, CATA (Farmworkers Support Committee),
- Keynote: Essential Lessons from Pesticide History. John Wargo, PhD, Yale University.
- Health and Science Panel.
- Part 1: Children's Health. Routt Reigart, MD, Medical University of South Carolina.
- Part 2: Federal School IPM. Andrea Kidd Taylor, DrPH, Morgan State University School of Public Health.
- Part 3: Breast Cancer. Julia Brody, PhD, Silent Spring Institute.
- Part 4: Antibacterial Triclosan. Allison Aiello, PhD, University of Michigan School of Public Health.
- Part 5: Neonicotinoid Pesticides and Bees (Forum video not available, watch similar lecture). Christian Krupke, PhD, Purdue University.
- Part 6: Discussion. Facilitated by Caroline Cox, Center for Environmental Health.
- Pesticides and Federal Policy. U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal.
- Working Effectively with EPA. Curt Spalding, EPA New England Regional Administrator.
- Poisoning of the Bees. David Hackenberg, Beekeeper to first discover CCD.
- Organic Lawns and Landscapes Panel.
- Organic Food Security. Martha Page, Hartford Food System.
- Keynote: Inventing the Future of Food. Gary Hirshberg, Stonyfield Farms.
The 29th National Pesticide Forum
Sustainable Community: Practical solutions for health and the environment (April 8-9, 2011, Colorado School of Public Health, Denver, CO)
- Pesticides 101 (Caroline Cox)
- Conference Welcome (Jay Feldman)
- Protecting Pollinators from Pesticides: Stopping the demise of honeybees (Tom Theobald,
James Frazier, PhD,
- Genetically Engineered Food: Failed
promises and hazardous outcomes (George Kimbrell)
- Health and Science Panel (John Adgate, PhD,
Dana Boyd Barr, PhD,
Christine Parks, PhD,
Changlu Wang, PhD)
- Beyond Lists: Where did all those
pesticides come from? (Theo Colborn, PhD)
- The Polluters: The making of our chemically
altered environment (Ben Ross, PhD)
- Organic Land Management: From lawns
to landscapes and beyond (Chip Osborne, Tom Kanatakeniate Cook, Timothy Lee Scott,
Rella Abernathy, PhD,
- Organic: United We Stand (Maria Rodale)