The 31st National Pesticide Forum
Farms and Food
Resilient Communities Through Organic Practices
University of New Mexico
April 5-6, 2013
Forum Site and Registration
The forum will be held in two different locations at the University of New Mexico's Central Campus in Albuquerque, NM:
- Friday, April 5th sessions, including performance, panel, reception and registration will be held at the University of New Mexico's Centennial Engineering Center Auditorium.
Enter through the doors off of Redondo Drive, just South of MLK Blvd. Registration will take place in the hallway outside of Auditorium.
- Saturday, April 6th Morning sessions, lunch and registration will be held at the University of New Mexico's Student Union Building (SUB) in Ballroom C and A.
The SUB is located in the center of the UNM Main Campus, North of Central Avenue. Registration will be held in the lobby outside of Ballroom C which is to the right of the main entrance on the Mall (middle) Level. Dinner, evening keynote and reception will be held in the Centennial Engineering Center Auditorium.
Enter through the doors off of Redondo Drive, just South of MLK Blvd.
Travel to the University of New Mexico
- Shuttle: We will provide shuttle transportation via UNM Sustainability Studies Program’s Bio-diesel van at the beginning and end of each day from the Hotel Andaluz (125 2nd St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102).
- Driving:The University is bordered on the West by University Blvd, the North by Lomas Blvd, the South by Central Blvd, and the East by Girard Blvd. Detailed driving directions can be found here.
- Friday: For those traveling by car, the "B" parking lot on the corner of University and Central will be FREE to Forum attendees after 5pm on Friday (see I-17 on the map below). Parking in other "B" lots to the North and East of Centennial on Friday will be $8.
- Saturday: Parking is available anywhere on campus for FREE, with the exception of Reserved and Official Vehicle spaces, as well as the Visitor Parking Structure. If you have a Handicap Permit, you may park in the structure for free. Parking spaces on Saturday, particularly those close to the Student Union Building and Popejoy Hall will be a premium. We recommend arriving early and leaving your car in the same spot all day, or parking near Centennial, where the Forum will be held in the evening.
- Local Transportation: At the Alvarado Transportation Center, there are shuttles to UNM as well as public bus lines that run
both to and from the airport and to the university. The city of Albuquerque has a website with information on different bus routes and schedules. You can also use google maps public transporation to find the best route.
Travel to New Mexico
Click on the map below for a printable map of the UNM campus:
Scroll through the map below to see the location of the Forum, nearby hotels, airport, transportation center and bus stops:
View 31st National Pesticide Forum in a larger map